Monday, December 20, 2010

I thought it would be ok.
where are you?

someone tell me there's a heaven.
someone tell me we will meet again.
say there's someplace she's in now
that doesn't contain dirt
and emptiness.

tell me because I can't bear it otherwise
and neither can John.
I suppose she'd have taken it alright though.

Tell me she can see me.
say that she knows all the good she's done.
say that she knows I love her.

how many more times
tears will stain and scratch my face
I can never be sure of.

My girl of the stars,
Will you ever know?
has anyone ever told you?
is the world a two-way mirror?

as much as I've been stubborn
and disinclined to admit it
I hope with all my heart
that it is.

Can you see all your magic
projecting across
countries and
seas and
powerlines?

Have you witnessed
as clearly as I have
the effect
of your infections incantation?

I'll try to live
as witness to
the goodness
you've left behind
in me.

I just wish there were more things
I could guarentee.


2010

No comments:

Post a Comment