Thursday, May 16, 2013

Never Trust a Haiku: Never Let Me Go


Our days were numbered,
Hailsham was our holding cell,
A life full of lies.

Childhood creations
Were a soul deposit box,
Though we were clueless.

Silly art classes
Would prove our humanity;
We were just like you.

And the tape would play
In a white hospital room,
Struggling with the thought,

The sun rose and set
As Tommy withered away,
Searching for meaning.

I kept on hoping
Maybe we could have a life-
If we were in love.

I was committed,
My purpose was a dead-end
We tried, for life’s sake.

I cared and cared,
Donation after donation,
Then it became clear-

I’m nothing like you-
Nothing for Madam to say-
She’ll blanche and cower,

Cry because she knows-
Please, baby, baby, baby,
Never let me go.

2013

No comments:

Post a Comment