Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Connotation


do you look at me and think butterflies

do you look at me and think rosy cheeks

do you look at me and think maybe

do you look at me and think comfort

do you look at me and think hands

do you look at me and think understanding

do you look at me and think tea

do you look at me and think future

do you look at me and think love
do you look at me and think possibility

do you look at me and think nausea

do you look at me and think sinking hearts

do you look at me and think no

do you look at me and think awkward

do you look at me and think secret

do you look at me and think silence

do you look at me and think metaphor

do you look at me and think past

do you look at me and think bitter

do you look at me and think mistake

you look at me and say nothing
you don’t look at me
at all.
Oh, but I know you can think.


2011

No comments:

Post a Comment