Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back to Bed


I’ll scream
And I’ll scream
But no one is
Coming,

Trudge to me
Through the snow,
But keep the car
Running,

I’ll do what I please
In the heat of the night,
Don’t be scared in waking hours
Of what you may find
After the chill of the morning
Has swept down the street

Take this as a warning,
The feeling won’t keep,

I hope you won’t mind
If I soak through my sorrows,
I’ll slip out of your bed
Bright and early tomorrow,
Don’t be surprised
When you wake up alone,
You don’t need to
Be scared
There's no need
To phone.
Everything is alright,
It’s the way things must be,

I will trudge to the car
While you are asleep,
If I keep running north
The snow will keep,
You’ll forget my perfume,
Put it out of your head,
I was all just a dream,
Please,

Go back to bed.


2012

No comments:

Post a Comment