Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Goodbye

where is the good in goodbye? 
I suppose when we will meet again, 
this makes parting bearable, 
even sweet. 
yet we still say
"goodbye"
in the darkest departing. 

How do you know when to execute 
The Last Goodbye?
To employ such deft skill
As is required in mastering
The art of the final parting? 

You're lucky 
if you know the last time 
to say goodbye. 
In all honesty,
I've never gotten the chance. 
Every time they are
Simply and unequivocally
Gone.

So I look back on the last 
that I never knew would be, 
and wish
I had taken into account 
every facet of the face
and every way of every limb 
and how you're different or 
how I loved you. 
what exact features did I find 
that project who you are to me, 
and who you are to the world?

and then you are gone
and you've stolen my last chance.


2010

No comments:

Post a Comment