Friday, November 9, 2012

Red to Match New Paint

and the joy
and the scream
and the lights
and the crash
and the blood.

There must be a word
Stronger than memory.

Imagery too,
Is too dreamy.
Too fond.

There's nothing so real
As this that I feel
When my mind
Resets-
My distress,
Revealed.

I might
Not be sane
If I can't just
Wake up
If I can't just
Have it be
Tomorrow

Your red camaro
Down one cheering lane
Will slowly
Dissolve-
The memory of you soon
Will follow.

I don't want to forgot
I know your
Death's not
Your life
But there's not
A way I can
Remember
Without nostalgia's
Slippery knife.

Thoughts of your smile
Will turn to thoughts
Of your face
In the moments
Headlights flashed
To your car's steady bass

A red camaro's
Interior
Stained red to match
New paint;
Your car's hollow gash
Made a young man
A saint.

2012

No comments:

Post a Comment