Friday, January 25, 2013


I wonder why
Every day of my life
Is not spent
Sitting and
Staring
At you.

Will you speak
So freely
And feel your
Heart pound
Like a child’s
As he runs and jumps
Through his field
Of careless dandelions?
And tries to catch
The setting sun?
Cradle it
Within
Open Arms?
When he first 
Discovers
That elusive experience
Of being
Open and true
And alive?

Will you let me in?

Will you let me feel
That heartbeat
Through the pulse
Racing down into
Your fingers
As you relate
Every feeling that
For so long
Caused you such
Intense fear?

Some days
We may walk
And talk
Rather than sit
And stare;
To me,
All that matters
Is that you
Are here.

To me,
All that matters
Is that you feel
Careless
As the dandelion field,
Noble
As the sun.

All that matters
To me
Is that you feel
Alive
Like the young boy
And open,
Like his arms.

2012

No comments:

Post a Comment