Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Elaska's Great Perhaps


If I wrote a book about my life to date, I would title it My Great Perhaps. An allusion to my favorite Coming-of-Age novel, Looking for Alaska, this title references the “Great Perhaps” which lies in the possibilities provided through every new experience. Essentially, The Great Perhaps is that wonderful thing that might be, if only one finds the courage to take a chance.
At every instance following my discovery of the idea, I have relentlessly sought my own Great Perhaps. I filled my days with exertive participation in life, and in it I have found such profundity. I’ve found such passion and insight in seeking opportunities through which I can experience and understand the rare and miraculous moments that pervade human existence. Basically, I have recently spent my free time feeling alive, and it has been the most rewarding pursuit of my young life.
My life story contains suffering, as does everyone else’s, but I know with certainty that such events do not make me a sad story. Rather, my story is a quest. I seek passion, meaning, understanding, and experience. Above all, I go to seek my Great Perhaps.

2012

No comments:

Post a Comment