Friday, January 13, 2012

Me Right Side In


I wonder if there’s anyone
Like the girl I want to be
Who wonders what it’s like
To live her life like me

I bet her
Hands are warmer
I bet her
Intentions are true
But she will
Never love
The universe
In any precise similarities
She will never know it
In quite the same way,
That way I do.

She can travel
The world
And follow
In your wake
But she will always
She will always
Be your
Unresolved mistake

She flips her eyes
Like they’re mine
Wears my freckles
With pride,
Like they're really
Anything to look at
Like she's knows
Better ways in which
My features must catch light.
But do her words
Reach your heart?
Is she still me inside?

And when you look
Into her eyes
At night
Do they shine
The way mine did
For you
Underneath
Unrealistic reveries?
Underneath
The lamplight?

Are they even near
As bright?
When she speaks of
Places I find my passion,
Anywhere near
As bright?
She can’t reach you
And she knows, but
Can those lips
Of mine
Mask her spite?

I wonder if there's anyone
Like the girl you'd like to be
Who looks across the table
And finds a girl like me.

I’ve searched
And I thought
Maybe there were
Maybe there were
A few
But none were as good
None were as you as you.

So maybe there’s a me
Smarter, sweeter, stronger
But she will never
She will never
Understand why
Her "better than" me's
Aren't better.
Aren't me.



2011

No comments:

Post a Comment